The Sonoma County ePortal provides an easy way for employer and community partners to work directly with schools and educators. Opportunities include:
- becoming a guest speaker
- hosting a company tour
- providing a job shadowing experience
- hosting a student intern at your work site
- helping teachers design relevant projects
- assessing student work
- host teacher externships
Students throughout the Sonoma County region benefit from this direct exposure to the world of work by seeing the direct connection to what they are doing in school. If you would like to provide any of the above opportunities you can click "Post Opportunities" above or click here to get started. If you need more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sonoma County Work-Based Learning Flow Chart
The Sonoma County WBL system was developed by the Career Technical Education (CTE) Foundation and the Sonoma County Office of Education (SCOE) to ensure that:
- students are receiving the best real-world career exploration and preparation;
- educators have the tools and training necessary to utilize WBL as an instructional strategy; and
- that the time and efforts of employers are utilized to have the biggest impact on the students.
The graphic below illustrates the relationships between the different parts of the WBL System.
- Teachers work with Integrated Pathway Coaches and Site-Based WBL Coordinators to develop activities that are aligned with Work-Based Learning goals, integrated with coursework, and have clearly defined outcomes and timelines.
- After inputting the project into the ePortal, the coordinator works with the intermediary to strategically get industry involved to enhance the hand-on activities and career relevance. Outreach to industry partners may be facilitated by the intermediary, the coordinator or both.
- All activity is tracked through this ePortal to ensure an effective and efficient system for students, educators, and employers.
Questions? Download these resources to learn more about our program